The topic covers the questions related to connecting to VMs and manipulating network settings.
Network & Connection
This topic contains the following sections:
- How to login remotely to a started instance?
- How can I connect to my VM via VNC Console?
- How do I activate the VNC Console?
- Can a public IP be assigned to an instance in EPAM Cloud?
- Is the private IP address assigned to an instance permanently?
- Will IPs of VMs be kept after migration to the Cloud?
- How do I obtain custom DNS for my instances in EPAM Cloud?
- Does EPAM Cloud support static IPs?
- Can I provide multiple simultaneous access to my VM?
- How to decode Administrator's password for Windows instances in AWS (OpenSSL tool required)?
- How can I protect/encrypt my session with a Mac VM?
- How can establish a reliable session with my virtual Mac?
- I didn't find the answer to my question here. Where should I address?
How to login remotely to a started instance?
1. Make sure that you are accessing this VM from within EPAM network.
2. Make sure that you are a member of the project the instance has been started on.
To log in to instances, created after November 7, 2015, please use your domain credentials (with @epam.com). This refers to the VMs in all EPAM regions, except EPAM-KZ1.
To connect to the instances created before November 7, 2015, please use the flow described below:
Login via an RDP client by using your standard Domain credentials.
If you login to an AWS-based machine, use the following credentials:
- Login via SSH to a Linux instance using these credentials:
- Change the password when prompted to do so. You will be automatically logged off the instance.
Login again using the newly created password.
You can also use console access for both Windows and Linux instances. See our Maestro CLI User Guide (Section 6.5, Console).
To login to AWS-based Linux instances, use the 'user' username and the SSH key specified at the instance creation.
How can I connect to my VM via VNC Console?
Currently, it is impossible to use the VNC client to connect to the VM. Please, use the link returned by the or2console command.
How do I activate the VNC Console?
If you use an old instance, it is possible, that the VNC console is not activated for it. In this case, the or2console command will return the following message: "Console not activated. Please, activate it first". To activate the VNC Console, please, perform the following actions:
1. Stop your VM.
2. Run the or2console command with the -a ( --activate) property.
3. Run your VM and call the or2console command for getting the credentials.
Can a public IP be assigned to an instance in EPAM Cloud?
Currently, it is impossible to assign a Public IP addresses by means of self-service facilities. To order a public IP address, please leave a Support Request at support.epam.com.
Is the private IP address assigned to an instance permanently?
Private IP address persists while an instance is running. However, if stopped and later re-launched, the instance can have its IP changed. That is why we strongly recommend referencing instances by their DNS names instead of their Private IP addresses.
Will IPs of VMs be kept after migration to the Cloud?
Virtual Machine IP address will be the same after migration to EPAM Cloud.
How do I obtain custom DNS for my instances in EPAM Cloud?
The only solution as for right now is to leave a Support Request at support.epam.com and ask for custom DNS names for your instances. We are in process of implementing this feature on self-service basis in later releases.
Does EPAM Cloud support static IPs?
By means of EPAM Orchestrator you can allocate a static IP to your project, assign a static IP to a VM, disassociate a static IP from a VM and retrieve the list of static IPs available for a specific project. For more details see Maestro CLI User Guide, Section 6, Security and Connection.
Can I provide multiple simultaneous access to my VM?
To provide the possibility of simultaneous connection for several users, please contact HelpDesk and provide them with the VM ID and the number of connections you want to allow.
How to decode Administrator's password for Windows instances in AWS (OpenSSL tool required)?
1. Evoke or2console Maestro CLI command for Windows type instance in AWS.
2. Save the decoded password in a local file.
3. Run the OpenSSL tool and execute the command to decode password from base64 format.
base64 -in password.txt -d -out password-output.txt
rsautl -in password-output.txt -inkey privet.pem -decrypt
- password.txt - Password in base64 format, received from Auto Cloud Orchestrator by email.
- private.pem - the keypair, generated by or2addkey Maestro CLI command
How can I protect/encrypt my session with a Mac VM?
To establish a safe connection to a Mac OS VM, please use the the TightVNC tool.
How can establish a reliable session with my virtual Mac?
It is recommended to use the TightVNC tool to establish a reliable and safe connection to a Mac OS VM.
I didn't find the answer to my question here. Where should I address?
If this section does not contain the answer to your question, please, address our Consulting Team.