EPAM Cloud Orchestrator provides the users with a GrayLog-based Log Aggregator Service that collects the logs from the specified instances and gives an easy and visual access to them via a web-interface. The service is based on GrayLog v.1.0 released in February 2015.
- Cloud Computing Service (C2S)
- Cloud Networking Service (CNS)
- Cloud Block Storage Service (CBS)
- Infrastructure Scheduling Service (CRON)
- Cloud Identity Service (SSH)
- FTP to AWS S3 Service (FTP2S3)
- Auto Configuration Service (ACS)
- Cloud Monitoring Service (CMS)
- Cloud Formation Service (CFS)
- Log Aggregation Service (LAS)
- Load Balancer Service (LBS)
- Relational Database Service (RDB)
- Docker Service (DOS)
- Kubernetes as a Service (KUB)
- Hybris as a Service (HAS)
- Magento as a Service (MAS)
- ATG as a Service (ATG)
- Jenkins as a Service (JaS)
- Gerrit as a Service (GAS)
- Sonar as a Service (SQS)
- Artifactory as a Service (AFS)
- Adobe AEM as a Service (AEM)
- Sitecore as a Service (SAS)
- Hadoop Data Platform (HDP)
- Messaging Service (MES)
- Ambari Service (AAS)
- Splunk as a Service (SPS)
- Cloud Support Service (CSS)
Log Aggregation Service (LAS)
This topic contains the following sections:
Have a Question?
The current page gives the general information on the service and the main workflows. However, while working with the services, our users encounter new questions they need assistance with. The most frequently asked questions on EPAM Cloud Services are gathered on the Cloud Services FAQ page. Visit the page to check whether we have a ready answer for your question.
Related CLI Commands
The table below provides the list of service-related commands and their descriptions:
|or2-manage-service ... -s log -a||or2ms ... -s log -a||Starts the service in the specified project and region|
|or2-start-logging||or2log||Start collecting logs from the specified instance|
|or2-describe-logging||or2dlog||Describes the log aggregation service of the project|
|or2-stop-logging||or2stoplog||Stops collecting logs from the specified instance|
Further on this page, you can find the examples of the commands usage for Log Aggregation Service manipulation.
To start the service, use the or2-manage-service command with the following parameters:
or2ms -p project -r region -s log --activate
Here, the -s parameter specifies the name of the service to manage (log), and the --activate parameter indicates that the service should be activated (to stop the service, use --deactivate).
During the service activation, a VM with is started and a GrayLog server is configured on it. The server setup is a complicated process and can take up to an hour. If the project already has a GrayLog Server, you will get the respective error message.
EPAM Orchestrator supports the following commands for Log service manipulations:
When the server is activated, you can start adding instances to the logging list, which allows to collect logs from these instances. This is done with the or2-start-logging (or2log) command:
or2log -p project -r region -i instance_id
- To get the list of the logged instances and the DNS name of the GrayLog Server, use the or2-describe-logging (or2dlog)command:
or2dlog -p project -r region
- To remove the instance from the Logging Service list, use the or2-stop-logging (or2stoplog) command:
or2stoplog -p project -r region -i instance_id
The server stops collecting the instance log data, but all the logs, previously aggregated, are kept.
- To stop the log aggregation service and remove the GrayLog Server VM, run the following command:
or2ms -p project -r region -s log --deactivate
Web UI and Viewing Logs
You can view the collected logs by connecting to the Log Server via HTTP. The typical address template for connecting to Log Server is:
The login and password that are to be used during the login to the server are returned at or2-describe-services command call:
When you log in, you will get to GrayLog Web Interface that provides you with the full access to the gathered data.
The service usage price is defined by the price of the GrayLog Server VM.
The default parameters of a GrayLog Server VM are:
- Shape: MEDIUM
- Image: Ubuntu12.04_64-bit
Therefore, the approximate monthly cost of a GrayLog Server usage in case of 100% and 24/7 load is about $58.59 in EPAM-BY1 region (as to 11/09/2015). The price can vary depending on the region. To get more detailed estimations, please, use our Cost Estimator tool.