Why use virtual desktops?
Virtual desktops can be used:
as an alternative to EPAM workstation You can use virtual desktops if you have no possibility to get EPAM workstations or want to have a virtual desktop as an alternative to EPAM workstations.
for isolated projects Virtual desktops can be a reasonable solution for the projects which include users with individual restrictions that should meet the group policies and where users have NO administrator rights. According to the project needs only pre-installed software package approved by management staff can be used for the project activities.
by customer oriented users In accordance with the project requirements these users cannot utilize EPAM equipment or cannot install EPAM software but access to EPAM internal apps such as UPSA, Time, Jira, etc. is obligatory.
The main features that distinguishes virtual desktops provided by EPAM Cloud include:
- Using the image approved by EPAM Security Team with the basic set of applications
- Possibility to use EPAM Domain Credentials for logging in and applying EPAM Group Policies
- Possibility to connect to your virtual desktop and continue from right where you have left off
- Possibility to start your virtual desktop from a web browser
DaaS solution based on AWS Workspaces
Amazon WorkSpaces is a managed, secure Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) solution.
Using Amazon WorkSpaces makes it easier to manage hardware inventory, OS versions, patches, and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) as well as helps to simplify the desktop delivery strategy.
With Amazon WorkSpaces, you get a fast, responsive desktop of your choice that you can access anywhere, anytime, from any supported device.
Flexible billing system gives an opportunity to pay for the used Amazon WorkSpaces either monthly or hourly. It allows you to save money when compared to traditional desktops and on-premises VDI solutions. You can find more information here.
Now we provide Amazon WorkSpaces as a part of EPAM Cloud service. You can get Windows desktop with pre-installed software package that fully meets the requirements of the EPAM Security Team and comes with familiar billing system of EPAM Cloud. The service is available for all EPAMers in all EPAM offices from any supported device.
Regions available for Amazon WorkSpaces
For now virtual desktops provided by EPAM Cloud can be requested in US East (N.Virginia) and EU (Frankfurt) regions. We are planning to add other regions as the need required.
Configurations available for Amazon WorkSpaces
A WorkSpace bundle is a combination of an operating system, and storage, compute, and software resources.
When you request an Amazon WorkSpace, you can choose between the available bundles.
||2 vCPU, 4 GB Memory
||2 vCPU, 7,5 GB Memory
||2 vCPU, 16 GB Memory
If you need custom configuration of the virtual desktop, please submit the respective support request.
Amazon WorkSpaces are provided with a pre-installed software package that fully meets the requirements of the EPAM Security Team and includes Win10 (modified Windows Server 2016) and the following software package:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player (NPAPI)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- OPSWAT Agent
- Qualys Cloud Agent
- Sentinel AntiVirus
How to start an Amazon WorkSpace?
You can start working with your virtual desktop using Amazon WorkSpaces Client or Web Access.
Using WorkSpace Client
To start working with your virtual desktop via Amazon WorkSpace Client, please perform the following steps:
1. Install necessary AWS client via on your workstation
using this link
2. Check your network connection using
Connection Health Check
3. If you receive an appropriate email from Cloud Support Team, you can use provided credentials to start. Just choose Registration Code (XXXXX+XXXXXX) and username without @epam.com(user_name).
Using Web Access
To start working with your virtual desktop via Web access, please perform the following steps:
1. Follow this link, select Web Access option and click ‘Launch’.
2. To register on your virtual desktop, input the Registration Code (XXXXX+XXXXXX) that you will find in the email send by the Cloud Support Team once your virtual desktop is created.
3. Log into your virtual desktop with your EPAM domain credentials.
How to get an Amazon WorkSpace?
To get an Amazon WorkSpace, please submit the
respective support request and specify the desired configuration, user name, required region, project code by location. The PM or DM approval is required.
If you are a newcomer to EPAM and do not have company’s laptop, all costs will be covered by the Local IT Project. If you already have a company’s laptop, the costs for using your virtual desktop will be covered by your project.
DaaS solution based on Azure Virtual Desktop
Automated DAAS is a managed Desktop-as-a-Service solution available for all EPAMers in all EPAM offices. Azure Virtual Desktop is a desktop and app virtualization service that runs on the cloud.
DAAS solution based on Azure Virtual Desktop is a Windows desktop that fully optimized for Windows 10 and Office 365 allows keeping applications and data secure and compliant with security capabilities that can proactively detect threats and take remediate actions.
Flexible billing system gives an opportunity to pay for the used Azure Virtual Desktop on the pay-as-you-go principle. It allows you to save money when compared to traditional desktops and on-premises VDI solutions. You can find more information about Azure Virtual Desktop here.
Now we provide Azure Virtual Desktop as a part of EPAM Cloud service. You can get Windows desktop with pre-installed software package that fully meets the requirements of the EPAM Security Team and comes with familiar billing system of EPAM Cloud.
Regions available for Azure Virtual Desktop
Azure Virtual Desktop are available in West Europe and East US.
Configurations available for Azure Virtual Desktop
When you request an Azure Virtual Desktop, you can choose between the available configurations. Azure Virtual Desktop configuration includes root volume with the operation system and pre-configured software, instance size (vCPU and RAM), user volume storage.
The price for using Azure Virtual Desktop depends on the configuration and region you choose. By default, EPAM Cloud provides Azure Virtual Desktop of the following types:
||2 vCPU, 8 GB Memory
||4 vCPU, 16 GB Memory
The latest image that has passed Security Check by EPAM Security Team includes Default Azure WVD Win10 and MS Office with EPAM Basic Software package:
- Google Chrome
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- OPSWAT Agent Virtual Desktop
- Qualys Cloud Agent
- Sentinel AntiVirus
How to get an Azure Virtual Desktop?
To get an Azure Virtual Desktop, submit the
Providing Azure WVD support request and describe all required information that includes project code, user name, Azure Virtual Desktop characteristics (B2ms/B4ms) and region. This request includes the approval from the PM/AM of the project.
After the request is approved, EPAM Cloud Support team will create the Azure Virtual Desktop.
How to start an Azure Virtual Desktop?
To start working with Azure Virtual Desktop within EPAM Organization, please perform the following steps:
- 1. Install the necessary Azure Virtual Desktop client on your workstation using this link.
- 2. When your Azure Virtual Desktop is ready, you will receive an email from Cloud Support Team with information about your Azure Virtual Desktop. Once you receive the email, you can use your domain credentials to start.
- 3. After you logged in, wait for DUO RDP client to appear and accept DUO push notification on your mobile app.
- 4. To manage your Azure Virtual Desktop (stop, start, etc.) please use the link provided in the email from the Cloud Support Team.
Access to Azure Virtual Desktop
By default, users can access their Azure Virtual Desktop using
Due to integration with EPAM Active Directory, EPAM Cloud end-users can:
- use their domain credentials to log into the Azure Virtual Desktop,
- have access to EPAM network including all internal EPAM services (Jira, UPSA, Telescope, etc.).
Below is a list of documents related to this section. You can find the full list of our documents
in the Documentation Storage.
Please select the required document: