Now we provide Amazon WorkSpaces as a part of EPAM Cloud service. You can get Windows desktop with pre-installed software package that fully meets the requirements of the EPAM Security Team and comes with familiar billing system of EPAM Cloud. The service is available for all EPAMers in all EPAM offices from any supported device.
- Cloud Computing Service (C2S)
- Cloud Networking Service (CNS)
- Cloud Block Storage Service (CBS)
- Infrastructure Scheduling Service (CRON)
- Cloud Security Service(CS2)
- Cloud Identity Service (SSH)
- Auto Configuration Service (ACS)
- Terraform As A Service(TAS)
- Telemetry As A Service (TMS)
- Cloud Monitoring Service (CMS)
- Amazon Workspaces As A Service
- CloudWach & SSM (SSM)
- Cloud Formation Service (CFS)
- Log Aggregation Service (LAS)
- Load Balancer Service (LBS)
- Relational Database Service (RDB)
- Docker Service (DOS)
- OpenShift as a Sevice (OSS)
- Kubernetes as a Service (KUB)
- Jenkins as a Service (JaS)
- Gerrit as a Service (GAS)
- Sonar as a Service (SQS)
- Artifactory as a Service (AFS)
- Messaging Service (MES)
- Cloud Support Service (CSS)
Amazon Workspaces As A Service
This topic contains the following sections:
- Have a Question?
- Why use Amazon WorkSpaces in EPAM Cloud
- Amazon WorkSpaces as a Service Features
- Available regions
Have a Question?
The current page gives the general information on the service and the main workflows. However, while working with the services, our users encounter new questions they need assistance with. The most frequently asked questions on EPAM Cloud Services are gathered on the Cloud Services FAQ page. Visit the page to check whether we have a ready answer for your question.
Why use Amazon WorkSpaces in EPAM Cloud
Amazon WorkSpaces as a EPAM Cloud service can be used at least in the following use cases:
- Alternative to EPAM workstation You can use Amazon WorkSpaces if you have no possibility to get EPAM workstations or want to have Amazon WorkSpaces as an alternative to EPAM workstations.
- Isolated projects WorkSpaces can be a reasonable solution for the projects which include users with individual restrictions that should meet the group policies and where users have NO administrator rights. According to the project needs only pre-installed software package approved by management staff can be used for the project activities.
- Customer oriented users In accordance with the project requirements these users cannot utilize EPAM equipment or cannot install EPAM software but access to EPAM internal apps is obligatory.
Amazon WorkSpaces as a Service Features
The main features that distinguishes Amazon WorkSpaces as a service provided by EPAM Cloud includes:
- - Using the image approved by EPAM Security Team with the basic set of applications
- - Possibility to use EPAM Domain Credentials for logging in and applying EPAM Group Policies
- - Possibility to connect to your WorkSpace and continue from right where you have left off
- - Opportunity to choose between flexible billing options together with our EPAM Cloud billing tools
AWS WorkSpaces are available in nine AWS regions. For now AWS WorkSpaces provided by EPAM Cloud can be requested in US East (N.Virginia) and EU (Frankfurt) regions. We are planning to add other regions as the need required.
In AWS, WorkSpace bundle is a combination of an operating system, and storage, compute, and software resources. When you request a WorkSpace, you can choose between the Value, Standard, Performance, Power and PowerPro bundles.
For more details on available WorkSpaces configurations, please see the attached document.
The latest image that has passed Security Check by EPAM Security Team includes Default Amazon WorkSpace Win10 (modified Windows Server 2016) and MS Office with EPAM Basic Software package:
- - Mozilla Firefox
- - Adobe Flash Player (NPAPI)
- - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- - OPSWAT Agent
- - Qualys Cloud Agent
- - GlobalProtect
- - Sentinel AntiVirus
How to Purchase an Amazon WorkSpace in EPAM Cloud
To purchase an Amazon WorkSpace, submit a respective support request. and describe all required information that includes project code, user name, WorkSpace characteristics, billing options and AWS region This request includes the approval from the PM/AM of the project.
With Amazon WorkSpaces, you pay only for what you use. The Amazon WorkSpace price is based on the bundle and billing mode. Amazon WorkSpaces can be provided on hourly and monthly basis.
In EPAM Cloud Amazon WorkSpace price includes the following components:
- Amazon WorkSpace Cost
- Infrastructure Fee (Shared cost)
The Amazon WorkSpace cost is taken from the AWS as it is.
The EPAM Cloud infrastructure fee depends on the total cost of the infrastructure services for one account and the weight ratio, which is calculated according to the time when the Amazon WorkSpace was used during the month.
Below is a list of documents related to this section. You can find the full list of our documents in the Documentation Storage.
Please select the required document:
The document gives detailed description of the Amazon WorkSpaces features provided by EPAM Cloud as a service as well as provides instruction on how to start the service.