EPAM Orchestration Framework version 2.1.96 was released on May 20. In this release, a lot of actual work was actually done "behind the scenes" with the aim to stabilize the existing functionality, improve the performance, increase the usability of certain features. However, there are also important improvements - implementation of custom image management and platform services in Google Cloud, introduction of the Python SDK and enhancement of the Reporting functionality which will help you use your cloud infrastructure in a more optimal way.
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.111 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.108 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.104 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.99 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.96 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.93 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.90 is released
EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.96 is released
This topic contains the following sections:
New Features and Improvements
The EPAM Cloud infrastructure is gradually migrating to OpenStack, and in this release we announce decommissioning of EPAM-US region and its replacement with EPAM-US2.
EPAM Orchestrator has made one more step to open-sourcing its code - the Python SDK has been developed from scratch and its basic scope has been published for the EPAM community.
We continue expanding the Google Cloud functionality available via native Orchestrator resources:
- Custom image management is now supported
- Auto-configuration is now available in Google Cloud regions with the implementation of Chef service and Ansible
- Zabbix monitoring and GrayLog log aggregation services are supported in Google Cloud
The Low Utilization Report is now sent also for instances in EPAM private regions.
Knowledge Base Update
The Orchestrator development never stops, and we are constantly adding, improving and changing something to achieve the top service quality our users deserve. At the same time, we use every opportunity to share our news with you, as such communication, on one hand, allows you always being up to date with the current Cloud status, and, on the other hand, provides feedback showing us whether we are on the right track.
Visit the InfoPortal for the story about the CI/CD automation solution in Cloud. The article outlines the general principle of creating a complete CI/CD environment in EPAM Cloud with properly integrated components. The detailed instructions on setting up the environment are available by the link at the end of the article.
Take some time to browse the Cloud blog where you will find two new articles:
- Continuous Education for Continuous Delivery - a brief summary of education possibilities offered by EPAM Systems with a focus on Cloud-related education resources
- Five Myths about EPAM Cloud - did you think that EPAM Cloud has no UI? Or that it does not support SSD storage? We tried to fill in some gaps in the Cloud awareness which we seemed to overlook before
All changes and updates to the EPAM Orchestrator functionality are reflected in the documentation and other EPAM Cloud resources. With the release of EPAM Orchestrator 2.1.96, the following documents were updated:
- Maestro CLI User Guide was updated with the removal of information about Cloudify as a service
- EPAM Cloud Services Guide was updated with the information on services availability in Google Cloud regions and the deprecation of Cloudify as a service
- Hybrid Cloud Guide was updated with the current information of the enhanced integration with Google Cloud
Fixes and Improvements
When working on Orchestration updates, we not only concentrate on introducing the new features, but also pay much attention to improving the existing tools and fixing known issues.
The Release Notes and What's New documents attached to this page cover all the changes coming with Orchestration v.2.1.96.
Below is a list of documents related to this section. You can find the full list of our documents in the Documentation Storage.
Please select the required document:
The document containing descriptions of new features introduced in EPAM Orchestrator version 2.1.96
The list of all additions, improvements and fixes implemented in EPAM Orchestrator version 2.1.96
The presentation provides the overview of EPAM Orchestrator version 2.1.96