EPAM Orchestration Framework version 2.1.93, was released on April 7. This time we focused on integration with other cloud providers as well as on stabilization and enhancement of the existing functionality.
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.108 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.104 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.99 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.96 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.93 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.90 is released
EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.93 is released
This topic contains the following sections:
New Features and Improvements
With this release, the EPAM Orchestrator infrastructure has been expanded with adding a new region, EPAM-BY2. The region is OpenStack-based and supports both HDD and SSD storage types.
The EPAM Orchestrator open-source initiative is finally out. You can really look "under the hood" of the application deployment framework and not only that - you can actually try it.
A lot of improvements have been made in the hybrid cloud area:
- AWS Spot Instances, a great cost-saving tool allowing to reduce your costs up to 95%, are now supported.
- The ability for projects to monitor their AWS EC2 billing directly at AWS has been introduced.
- Integration with Google Cloud Platform is being stabilized and enhanced. We have implemented the support of networking commands which allow static IP manipulations
The Continuous Integration services supported in EPAM Cloud have been improved:
- The finishing touches have been added to the Cloud CI/CD platform. Not only the components are deployed automatically, they are also integrated with minimum manual effort.
- The functionality of Jenkins as a Service now supports plugin management.
Knowledge Base Update
EPAM Cloud is not only the service, delivering virtual capacities and related facilities to its users. We want our users to take the best of the cloud technologies, and we have a good tradition of sharing our expertise with them.
So, this spring, we are glad to introduce several educational facilities for those who already use EPAM cloud, or only plan to:
- In April, we plan to deliver a training, dedicated to spot instances usage on Amazon. The Spot Instances can be a powerful tool of getting necessary computing capacities at minimum price. During our webinar, we will discuss the best practice, and try to fight the typical fears, related to spot instances.
- We are also glad to know, that the AWS community in EPAM grows. Passing the free AWS training, or any of the professional certifications, you can receive a respective AWS Certified badge that makes your expertise instantly visible to your colleagues, managers, and customers. If you have passed the certification, please send a copy of your certificate to the Consulting team, and receive a badge!
- This is our second release with Google Cloud Capacities. On our website, we gathered the info on the basic Google Cloud self-education capabilities. Please check!
All changes and updates to the EPAM Orchestrator functionality are reflected in the documentation and other EPAM Cloud resources. With the release of EPAM Orchestrator 2.1.93, the following documents were updated:
- Maestro CLI User Guide was updated with the new commands and existing commands changes.
- EPAM Cloud Services Guide was updated with the information on Jenkins as a Service update
- Account Management Guide was updated with the information on Business Unit Reports and AWS EC2 Billing information
- Hybrid Cloud Guide now includes updated shape mapping between EPAM Orchestrator and other cloud providers
Fixes and Improvements
When working on Orchestration updates, we not only concentrate on introducing the new features, but also pay much attention to improving the existing tools and fixing known issues.
The Release Notes and What's New documents attached to this page cover all the changes coming with Orchestration v.2.1.93.
Below is a list of documents related to this section. You can find the full list of our documents in the Documentation Storage.
Please select the required document:
The document containing descriptions of new features introduced in EPAM Orchestrator version 2.1.93
The list of all additions, improvements and fixes implemented in EPAM Orchestrator version 2.1.93
The presentation provides the overview of EPAM Orchestrator version 2.1.93