EPAM Orchestration Framework version 2.1.90, was released on February 25. In this release, we paid special attention to tools that would improve projects costs review and optimization, and did not forget about other useful and convenient features.
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.111 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.108 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.104 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.99 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.96 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.93 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.90 is released
EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.90 is released
This topic contains the following sections:
New Features and Improvements
This release includes the following significant new features:
- Integration with Google Cloud Platform has become a quantum leap for EPAM Cloud as a hybrid cloud. Now, in addition to EPAM private regions, you have a choice between AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- EPAM Cloud users now have the option of making direct requests to AWS Enterprise Support via Requests for Support wizard on Cloud Dashboard.
- The pricing model for hardware instances has been optimized, and as of March 1, 2017 the hardware costs are significantly lower.
The line of platform services supported by EPAM Orchestrator has been expanded with the addition of Artifactory as a Service. Besides, the following platform services have been improved:
- Hybris as a Service has been largely revised and has turned into a more flexible solution of e-commerce platform deployment,including three shapes configurations and the possibility to run the SPARK demo application.
- AEM as a Service and ATG as a Service now support automatic integration with Jenkins which allows deployment of fully-functional environments.
- Sonar as a Service now supports SonarQube version 5.6 ensuring better reliability and compatibility
Knowledge Base Update
January and February in EPAM Cloud were rich for educational and knowledge sharing activities:
- EPAM Cloud Consulting team has delivered EPAM Cloud Best Practices training for project managers and coordinators, aimed to answer the most typical questions asked by project teams, and to provide basic effective guidelines on effective virtual infrastructure usage and costs cutting. The recordings of the English and Russian versions of the webinar are available on EPAM video portal.
- Konstantin Vvedenskyi, AWS Technical Account manager, working with EPAM in scope of AWS Enterprise support plan, delivered a webinar on AWS Instance Types. webinar recording is available on EPAM Cloud video portal, by this link.
All changes and updates to the EPAM Orchestrator functionality are reflected in the documentation and other EPAM Cloud resources. With the release of EPAM Orchestrator 2.1.90, the following documents were updated:
- Maestro CLI User Guide was updated with the new commands and existing commands changes.
- EPAM Cloud Services Guide was updated with the new Artifactory as a Service info; descriptions of Hybris as a Service, ATG as a Service, Sonar as a Service and AEM as a Service were updated to reflect the functionality changes
- Account Management Guide was updated with the information on the Google billing specifics.
- Hybrid Cloud Guide was updated with the information on integration with Google Cloud platform.
Fixes and Improvements
When working on Orchestration updates, we not only concentrate on introducing the new features, but also pay much attention to improving the existing tools and fixing known issues.
The Release Notes and What's New documents attached to this page cover all the changes coming with Orchestration v.2.1.90.
Below is a list of documents related to this section. You can find the full list of our documents in the Documentation Storage.
Please select the required document:
The document containing descriptions of new features introduced in EPAM Orchestrator version 2.1.90
The list of all additions, improvements and fixes implemented in EPAM Orchestrator version 2.1.90