This is the final release of 2016, where we introduce a number of important changes. This includes improved AWS security with SSO login introduction and reports allowing to detect hack attacks timely, new facilities in project costs management by quotas, introduction of Sonar as a Service, and Kubernetes update. Infrastructure improvements were made in EPAM-RU2 region. EPAM Systems has subscribed to the AWS Enterprise Support package on the company-wide basis, so every project using AWS will be able to get professional AWS support. We also published a number of useful articles and are glad to introduce two self-education facilities - a basic course on EPAM University, and a Cloud-related module on EPAM adaptation portal.
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.85 is released
- EPAM Cloud Free Trial Prolonged!
- EPAM Cloud Free Trial Continues!
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.81 is released
- EPAM Cloud New Opportunities
- EPAM Cloud Free Trial
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.77 is released
- Saratov Datacenter Decomissioning
- IAM Users Check for MFA
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.73 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.69 is released
- AWS Multi-Factor Authentication Introduction
- Hardware Billing Changes
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.66 is released
- EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.63 is released
EPAM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.1.85 is released
This topic contains the following sections:
New Features and Improvements
Infrastructure-related improvements of the new Orchestration are:
- Free trial in EPAM-IN1 region is prolonged till January 1, 2017.
- EPAM-RU2 region is scheduled to improvements with SSD and pricing coefficient change.
- A new concept of hardware Mac instances provisioning has been developed.
We also expanded the set of platform services available in EPAM Cloud, and updated the existing ones::
- Sonar as a Service is introduced.
- Kubernetes version in the respective service was updated to v.1.5.1, and new service manipulation commands are available now.
- Ubuntu 16.04 image is available in EPAM Cloud and is recommended as the upgrade point for Ubuntu 12.04, which will not be supported since 2017.
Monitoring and controlling project expenses and accounts security are among the top priority tasks for projects management. We pay special attention to these points, and made the following improvements for this release:
- Monthly project quotas system was redesigned for better flexibility.
- Default project quotas were introduced for AWS regions, to ensure the better control of AWS-related expenses.
- A system detecting unusual resource creation activity was introduced.
- Amazon SSO access is established for EPAM users.
The video below provides an overview of the most important improvements implemented in EPAM Orchestration v.2.1.85.
We have good news for AWS users - EPAM Systems has purchased an AWS Enterprise Support package to ensure top quality support of AWS-related issues which EPAM users may face.
Knowledge Base Update
The new release is accompanied by the introduction of two self-education programs:
- EPAM Cloud Adaptation module, aimed to provide the basic information on EPAM Cloud service, its tools and facilities.
- Introduction to EPAM Cloud course on EPAM University - a basic course, where the subscribers can get the most necessary expertise on effective EPAM cloud usage.
The functionality updates introduced in EPAM Orchestrator v. 2.1.85 are reflected in the following documents:
- Maestro CLI User Guide was updated with the new commands and existing commands changes.
- EPAM Cloud Services Guide was updated with the new FTP2S3 Service info; Docker service info was updated.
- Account Management Guide was updated with the information on the quota system redesign
- Hybrid Cloud Guide was updated with the information on AWS SSO and the redesigned quota system
Fixes and Improvements
When working on Orchestration updates, we not only concentrate on introducing the new features, but also pay much attention to improving the existing tools and fixing known issues.
The Release Notes and What's New documents attached to this page cover all the changes coming with Orchestration v.2.1.85.
Below is a list of documents related to this section. You can find the full list of our documents in the Documentation Storage.
Please select the required document:
The document containing descriptions of new features introduced in EPAM Orchestrator version 2.1.85
The list of all additions, improvements and fixes implemented in EPAM Orchestrator version 2.1.85
The presentation provides the overview of EPAM Orchestrator version 2.1.85